Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rumors of My Death B Greatly Exaggerated

Not my greatest day. I ate something that didn't agree with me last night, and by this morning it was threatening to make my day rather awful. I wisely bailed out of work, popped some phenergan and slept for five hours.

***

Now I have no idea whether or not I'll be able to sleep tonight.

***

Wow. Looks like Blogger now has video capability. Gotta look into that. Everyone's into Myspace and all, but I swear Blogger is far more intuitive and easy to work with.

***

Bruiser... you need to get the new Bad Brains, amigo.

***

Nothing exciting in the 1984 journal tonight. Although there's a fine sketch of Huey Lewis a next to a July entry.

***

I took a test tonight for which I didn't properly prepare. Got the test, and what do you know, the words "Mid-Term Exam" were printed on the top. Oh... time for the mid-term? Oops.

I did... okay. Probably got a B.

***

I've got to pay more attention to this stuff, but I've got such a case of senior-itis.

***

Is your spirit alive? Does it sing?

***

Good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You liked Huey Lewis at one time?! You can never rag on me about Duran Duran again!

BB said...

Well, anonymous poster, I'm guessing you were THERE at the time. Hey, someone gave me the LP of Sports for Christmas one year, okay? I thought "I Want a New Drug" was brilliant at the time.

Then I got facial hair and my voice broke and boom, I came to my senses.

Anonymous said...

Many of us in the 80s had our moments when we actually thought Huey Lewis was "soulful" and "fun" and even "good."

Hell, I even remember a time when I thought Steve Perry was a great singer.

Fortunately, we now know better.

Michael

Anonymous said...

I've heard the entire CD just one time through and liked what I heard. The first track was weird - whatever they were doing with HR's vocals was kinda creepy.

Downloaded "The Essential Fishbone" the other day and have been playing "Sunless Saturday" several times a day.

Bruiser

Anonymous said...

I've thought about downloading some Huey Lewis - not because it is "great" music, but it brings back some incredibly cool memories. I always hear how your sense of smell is your greatest memory trigger, but I think music is an even greater one. Hall and Oates' "Big Bam Boom" remains one of my favorite records from my senior year in high school - anytime I hear "Out of Touch", I can tell you who I was dating or who I was hanging out with. Hell, I could almost tell you what I was wearing and what cologne I had on.

Bruiser