Saturday, October 20, 2007

FAQ

Who are you?
I'm Brian Briscoe, aka BB. Like the title of this blog indicates, BB am I.

After about a decade and a half in electronic media (TV mostly), I decided to make a change and do something that means more to me. I now have a master's degree in counseling.

I have a wife, to whom I've been married since 1993. We have two children.

Okay, so what do you do for a living?
Well, I work for a well-respected social service agency. I love it.

Anything else?
I'm not like all the other guys.

What about those other nicknames on your blog?
"MOBB" is my wife, aka Kelli. MOBB stands for "mail order bionic bride." She was simply "MOB," or "mail order bride" after she returned from a five-week trip to Italy in '06. Then she broke her wrist, and all the gnarly pins they put in there made me change her nickname to include "bionic." No, I don't call her that in real life.

"Wolfboy," formerly known as "THEBOY," is my son. I do my best not to use his name on this site. I do sometimes call him that in real life.

"THEGIRL" is my daughter. Whoever she's fighting, my money's on her.

What is this "Krav Maga" you keep talking about?
I am an orange belt in Krav Maga. I have trained since March 2006. Krav Maga is what's called a "reality-based self defense" (RBSD) system. We don't do forms, don't do much that looks like traditional martial arts (TMA). I have great respect for many TMAs, but Krav Maga is very direct and explosive. We use fists, elbows, knees, kicks, head butts, eye gouges, joint locks and much more. It probably most resembles kickboxing.

I have also trained just a little in Muay Thai (aka Thai boxing). It also looks like kickboxing more than anything else.

No comments: