Sunday, October 07, 2007

if your hair is on fire

BB's current therapy: "Moondance" by Van Morrison.

***

Sunday was pretty typical here. I awoke feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I was up rather late, but I'm just no good at sleeping in. MOBB, on the other hand, would have slept until noon had I not sent THEGIRL in to fetch her a half hour prior.

The prevailing theme this morning: No matter what your sibling did to you, no matter what you want to drink, no matter what toy you can't reach, no matter if your hair is on fire and the voices in your head are telling you where the ice pick is, I am NOT getting up until I've finished reading the paper.

***

I did at least stop down for a while and prepare some ideas for a session I have in the morning.

***

Yeah, big changes are coming, and I don't mean for that to sound ominous. I appreciate the emails I've received asking what's up. New opportunities await us in the coming days, and it's just not prudent to get into them at the moment.

***

Some advice to you fans of spicy food. If you are, say, a fan of a fine, steaming bowl of pho like I am, you may find yourself handling great fistfuls of bean sprouts and basil leaves and jalapeƱo peppers.

Let me impart this wisdom to you from a newly-attained position of great authority: This is one of those instances where it's imperative to wash one's hands BEFORE going to the restroom.

I had moves that'd make James Brown envious, brothers and sisters.

***

Another change is coming: I think I'm going to move on to a different martial art or two. I'm just ready for a change. I have a few ideas. I've loved my time in Krav Maga, and I'd be happy to recommend the art and this school to anyone. It's just time for a change of pace.

***

I did have a nice workout tonight, finally. I went to the school and put on the new Bad Brains. It was so loud that I wondered if any of the pink Croc-wearin' dance instructors next door would come over and ask me to turn it down.

You know, none did.

***

Feeling very... male today. My knuckles are banged up, my elbow is skinned, and I'm tired from punching the bag. Life is good.

***

I've got to do something with my physique though. I can do skinny, sure. Turns out I can drop weight when I want to. And I can do stamina, sure. I think that's part genetic gift.

But this skinny business gets old. I've never had a good looking chest or arms. I'm tired of waiting for Santa to bring me pecs and biceps. I've got to do some work on this.

***

Okay, now THIS is funny! (Thanks Toland)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krav Maga is really good...when you attend classes.

BB said...

I know I know, mysterious stranger. My schedule almost never permits that anymore. I'll have free time during the day soon, and that's really the driving force behind this potential change. Breaks my heart.

Anonymous said...

some people are not thrilled with the "free time during the day" business