Tuesday, December 05, 2006

BB Is Alive

My friends and family probably think I've gone all Ted Kaczynski for not emailing, calling, or blogging much. They're not far from being right.

***

At this moment it's Tuesday night, I think. I've just printed the last of my work due this semester. I'm tired, my vision is blurry, and I have no idea whether anything I write here (or wrote on the group counseling final, for that matter) makes sense.

***

And MOBB had TWO big exams today. Two. She had a Latin exam, and she took her orals. Yep.

For 90 minutes her profs prodded her to share insight on, say, the portrayal of women in the writing of St. Augustine.

It's pass/fail.

She passed.

***

ISN'T THAT COOL???

***

Lots of change at my Krav Maga school. I could write a book about the last four months, but really, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. There's a community out there that, if you screw up, attacks you quite viciously. If you don't screw up, well, they're pretty much gonna do the same thing to you too.

But I worked out at the grand re-opening last night, and was really pleased with the class. It kicked my butt.

***

Speaking of butt kicking, THEBOY got in a tussle at school today. Ah man, some kid, while rough-housing, found it amusing to grab THEBOY's shirt at the sleeve and collar and stretch it out.

THEBOY told the kid to knock it off. When he didn't, THEBOY:

(A) Punched him in the nose

(B) Elbowed him in the cheek

(C) Burst into tears when the other kid started crying

Ah crap.

I have got to instill in him that we settle these things with words and our brains and the help of the teachers before gettin' all medieval.

***

The story of Earl is coming, I swear. It's taken on a life of its own again lately.

***

Ever find that you've been listening to the dishwasher run for an hour and you realize that the dishes in it were already clean?

***

Sleepy. Face-first into the pillow I go.

No comments: