Saturday, December 23, 2006

This Is the Day

This is the day when my son asked for Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, and I gave them to him.

This is the day when busting my ass in Krav Maga wasn’t enough.

This is the day when the instructor sensed this restlessness of mine.

This is the day when I threw a 60-year-old man to the mat over and over.

This is the day when I didn’t feel like being criticized.

This is the day when I felt like getting high. There, I said it.

This is the day before the day before Christmas.

This is the day when I wanted to be very male.

This is the day that the Lord has made.” (Finish the lyric if you can. I love old gospel songs)

This is the day when our sweet, perpetually late friend showed up early.

This is the day when I watched early 80s home movies and noticed how many gags were based on beer. (Lots)

This is the day a buddy wondered if I’d like to go to North Carolina to compete in a martial arts tourney.

This is the day when Rangers super-prospect John Danks got traded to the White Sox for Brandon McCarthy, whose numbers don’t seem all that great.

This is the day when I walked into my bedroom and found THEGIRL on my bed, arms spread wide, dancing along to the Wiggles. It was glorious.

No comments: