Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Morning

It's 9:30 or so on Christmas morning, and I am the only one up.

Yep.

MOBB, THEGIRL and THEBOY are all still out.

In fact, I'm only up because the doorbell rang at 8am. That'd be the postman with our DVD of the Who concert THEBOY and I attended not long ago.

(Bitchin'--since when does the post office deliver on Christmas??)

***

So I got to drink some coffee and read the paper in silence. What a great Christmas!

***

Christmas Eve in Corsicana went pretty well. We showed up just in time for a great lunch. I got to nap. MOBB didn't, though, as her bed companion, THEGIRL, was in full-blown squirm mode.

The candlelight service at the church was nice, I imagine. I mean, I spent half of it in the foyer, following THEGIRL around as she blew off some of her boundless energy.

And the following celebration at cousin Tonja's house was niiiice. Mostly. I won't much go into how THEGIRL jacked with a candle as I yelled "NO NO NO NO" at her, got burned, then spat in my face (yep) as I chastised her. I will say I wanted to give her a beating she'll talk about until she's 30.

(But I didn't).

***

MOBB says she's going to make chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I don't think I've ever had such a thing. But I'm willing to give it the ol' college try.

I'm hungry though. If she doesn't get up soon I'm going to have cookies for breakfast.

First, time to see if a little more coffee will put out that fire.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

No comments: