Sunday, December 31, 2006

On the Business of Butt Kicking

It's so flippin' late... this has been a great vacation, but we keep staying up later and later... at least our kids oblige us by sleeping in a bit.

***

I actually had to set the alarm for 9am to give myself time to wake up and eat before Krav Maga this morning.

And it was a good class. I'm pumped that:

1. I finally learned how to do a proper Thai clinch. In fact,, the guy I trained with said mine was "murder," because these boney forearms of mine dug in under his jawbone and hurt like hell. Jeez, you mean there's some advantage to having skinny arms? Wow.

2. THEBOY surprised me after class with a gen-you-wine takedown when I wasn't expecting it. That was no gift; he locked his ankles behind mine and BOOM, down I went. Again, I don't know whether to ground him or raise his allowance, heh heh.

3. They're talking seriously about introducing a kids martial arts program at the school, a Krav/Haganah hybrid. Yahoo! I've cooled a bit on the Kung Fu place we visited last week. We're due to visit a good BJJ school this week, but honestly, the location is quite inconvenient.

***

I'm tired... a few quick notes on this evening, when I watched UFC 66 at the Fox & Hound with a bunch of Krav students:

The service... whoa, it was terrible. I waited an hour AFTER the fights to even get my check. If I'd not had this damn conscience of mine I'd have just walked out without paying.

Michael Bisping looked good, as did Andrei Arlovsky. Watching an unconscious Chris Leben flop around like a trout on a pier was pretty enjoyable. Seeing Forrest Griffin get whipped by Keith Jardine was a heartbreaker though.

And then there was the headliner... well, it was clear that Chuck Liddell was inside Tito's head. And sure enough, Chuck made Tito look like a Girl Scout. It was nearly stopped in the first round. Tito stuck around long enough to make it a little bit interesting, but more serious ground/pound in the third led to a ref stoppage. Tito didn't complain.

***

And I don't go back to work until Wednesday. Sweeeeet.

Good night.

***

Juke is coming. I hope.

No comments: