Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to THEBOY!

THEBOY turns six today!

 

Yeah, we had his birthday party some weeks ago. What with his birthday being so close to Christmas and all, we discovered that parties held long about NOW don't have many attendees. We decided we'd start throwing his birthday parties earlier, maybe even before Thanksgiving if we have to, in order to succeed.

 

But today's the real deal. And what a day: Santa was scheduled to arrive at his school (via helicopter!) this morning. Tonight we'll hit McDonald's, and at 7pm the library by our house has a free magic show. He will just eat that up.

 

***

 

UFC has supposedly lured heavyweight Mirko "Cro Cop" Filopovic from Pride, and I find this pretty doggone exciting. Tim Sylvia really needs some competition. I fully anticipate watching Sylvia take a nap in the ring one day soon.

 

Hey, his fights have been putting US to sleep lately… it's about time someone returned the favor. That someone is Cro Cop.

 

***

 

Good fights last night, in fact. I predicted the outcomes of all the fights in the broadcast with 100% accuracy, thankyewverymuch (are you paying attention, G-Par?).

 

Karo Parisyan, again, went to war. I like watching that guy fight. And the only thing disappointing about watching Diego Sanchez trounce Joe Riggs was that it didn't last longer.

 

"Fight was stopped at 1:44 in the first round due Riggs sleeping face-first on the canvas, which is not allowed during the match…"

 

(Okay, been to the well too many times with the sleeping/fight jokes? Sorry)

 

***

 

My buddy Christy has lent me a DVD of Fight Girls. Coooooool.

 

***

 

All that stuff on my list of things to do over the holidays? I've started none of it. I'm mostly vegging out when I'm not working out. Oh, I'm reading Cracked by Dr. Drew Pinsky again. It's just as gripping as I remembered, though I now understand the parlance a bit better.

 

***

 

And miracle of miracles, I earned two As this semester! Let me tell you—advanced abnormal psych was HARD. Hardest class I've had in the program so far I think.

 

Next semester I'll be in marriage/family therapy and a children's therapy class.

 

***

 

So the Rangers have signed 2003 Cy Young winner Eric Gagne, holder of the record for most consecutive saves (what, 84 I think?). He was THE MAN back then.

 

But I guess it really took a toll on him, as elbow and back problems have limited him to very few games since then. I keep hearing 16… is that right? 16 games since then?

 

***

 

And they've signed Kenny Lofton, who can still hit and still steal a base. The deal initially struck me as a stop-gap to get us to NEXT off season, when local boy Vernon Wells will be a free agent. Now the Jays have offered Wells a huge extension, so I'm curious to see how this'll play out.

 

***

 

Whoa… Okay, so the Red Sox just signed Matsuzaka. Fine fine.

 

But I see that they've also just signed Julio Lugo. Does he still airmail half his throws to first base right into the stands? Jeez, this guy was virtually run out of Houston on a rail not so many years ago. He had a case of the yips that'd make Chuck Knoblauch giggle.

 

***

 

Better scoot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six years old and already been kissed. Happy birthday to the rascal.

Michael

Anonymous said...

i love dr. drew....probably on the list of top 10 hottest old guys out there. if such a list exists.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to my namesake!!

Bruiser