Sunday, December 17, 2006

Cookie Time

Once upon a time MOBB was on a mission.

She wanted to create the perfect chocolate chip cookie.

So over the course of many evenings, over many weeks, she experimented. Yes, she went through recipe after recipe, varying her oven temperatures, ingredients, cooking materials...

I got to be the lab rat, so to speak.

Finally, she hit upon a recipe that prompted me to ask her to make no more changes. THIS was a cookie I could stand to eat for the rest of my life.

She made some tonight.

Workout schmorkout, it's time to pig out.

***

Yesterday in Krav I got my first ever real takedown (chest pumps up, BB blows on his knuckles...)

Yeah, we were doing this choke escape, and the instructor told us to "keep fighting," which means to wing it with some combatives.

So I found my opponent in the perfect position. One hand under the tricep, one behind his head and BOOM.

It worked! For the first time in my life, someone who didn't expect to hit the mat actually DID hit the mat!

And the instructor walked by and barked, "NO takedowns!"

Yikes.

But... heh heh...

***

The next batch of cookies will have peanut butter AND chocolate chips.

I plan to eat so many I hallucinate.

***

I am STILL sore from the Bas Rutten workout.

I'm gonna get me some gris gris from my New Orleans kinfolk and put the hoodoo on that man.

***

I'm told my home county now has one of those big honkin' statues. What, there's one of Sam Houston near the city of Huntsville, right? Now there's one of Stephen F. Austin, I believe, in Angleton.

That's fine and all, but when in the hell will we get a statue of Muddy Waters?

***

The calf improves... five days from my appointment with the neurologist, it's steadily improving. But I'll keep the appointment,, get this thing checked out thoroughly.

***

Almost cookie time. Ya'll be good. Mmmmm.

No comments: