Thursday, January 18, 2007

Legos!

THEBOY wakes up just babbling some mornings. Babbling babbling babbling. It's often a lecture on Yu Gi Oh or the Justice League or something my holy-crap-I-need-coffee brain can't begin to fathom. I say "mm-hmm" a lot.

He's been kind wrapped up in these online games on the Lego site. I know they've got some clever stuff up there. He really likes some sort of Star Wars game.

So this morning he woke up babbling about Star Wars. As you may know, I'm not exactly a devotee. For example, there really is a character whose name ISN'T "Queen Ooby Dooby," though it takes me a second to think of what it really is. (Still thinking)

And he was asking me, I eventually realized, who this one character is. "He's got white skin and red hair and a blue light saber."

"That doesn't tell me enough about what he looks like," I said.

"He looks like LEGOS."

***

Needless to say, I had no idea who he was talking about.

***

In one of his books is a line I simply cannot say aloud: "What would a witch want with a winch in a swamp?"

I always sound kinda like Elmer Fudd when I say it.

Just like when I said my wedding vows: "With this wing I thee wed."

I wondered what the hell everyone was laughing at.

***

School began Tuesday. Child/adolescent counseling looks promising enough.

Marriage/family therapy is the one I begin Monday.

***

My stats service went belly-up. Before I troll around for another, does anyone have one they'd recommend?

***

What DIDN'T get written about in my previous post was what great care the McClendons took of me. We ate like royalty, enjoyed hanging out. I feel quite at home there. Thank you Whit, Christina and Connor (my out-of-town security guard) for everything.

***

Worked on ground tonight in Krav, which I enjoyed. Krav ground is dirty.

I'm thinking of setting a goal. I gotta mull this a bit, because I don't want to toss it out lightly and realize I've made some sort of gross calculation.

But I'm thinking I'd like to shoot for brown belt.

***

Shower time. Night night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lego star wars is a pretty good game