Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ong Bak Choy

It's been good day here I suppose, crappy weather aside.

Started off with Krav this morning at 11am. Today was defenses against stick/bat attacks. I had to work harder than necessary, found it harder to focus than it should have been. That's just how it works when my kids are around, even when they're behaving.

But it was a grueling, good class.

***

The trailer for the new Fantastic Four flick looks pretty flippin' badass.

***

Finally got a doc who says authoritatively that he knows what's wrong with my leg, and that he's the one to treat it. It's got a big long name, but it amounts to damage to the tibia and surrounding muscles. Treatment is likely to be some time in a cast/boot and steroids. No surgery, which is cool.

I may have one more MRII or even a bone scan to confirm this, but he says he's quite inclined to believe this is what it is.

Oh, and he says it's due to the fact that my right leg is about 2cm shorter than my left.

***

Hit the CD store today, and of course, they had nothing I walked in looking for. I did go ahead and get a Black Sabbath compilation, an import.

I also walked into a Sam Goody in the mall for a real laugh.

***

In 1988 I worked for Sam Goody for one day. Yep. After a couple years at the Hasting's across the mall, I switched. I'd been led to believe I'd be paid better than most record clerks. I saw the pay rate, though, and it wasn't so great.

And you know, the manager had the biggest booger hanging out of his nose during the whole "welcome aboard" speech. I told him "nevermind" and split.

***

Rented Ong Bak today. It's pretty badass. Certainly full of cool Thai culture and some bitchin' Muay Thai stuff. It's got some crazy choreography in there.

***

Kelli insists upon calling it Bok Choy though.

***

Ya'll take care.

No comments: