Wednesday, September 05, 2007

BB, Wolfboy, and, uh, Mike

Been an okay day here. MOBB let Wolfboy and me join Mike "My Name's Not Guido" Llorca at the Rangers/Royals game tonight. Lo and behold there was an actual pitchers' duel. Final score was 3-2 Texas.

[Okay, I shouldn't make that sound like MOBB keeps me on a short leash. We've got a good tradeoff working, we really do. Always have. I went to Chicago not long ago, and then I took the kids to Lake Jackson last weekend as sort of repayment for that, for example. She got to have her alone time. And she still needs to go take a real trip with a girlfriend or go shopping or something. Maybe a girls' night out. She can come home tipsy and tell me about all the guys who flirted with her. But I digress.]

Mike set us up nicely, even swinging free parking somehow. I offered to bring the parking lot attendant some cheese fries in gratitude, but he declined.

Wolfboy and Mike ribbed each other a bit after it was discovered that our host was actually pulling for--gasp!--the Royals. I thought they were going to have an old-school Kung Fu showdown right there, with me in the middle.

Sweet seats, by the way. We were right behind the KC dugout. We tried and tried to get them to toss up a ball for my son, but one never came our way. He was disappointed, but it was nothing that $12 worth of hastily-chosen postgame toys couldn't smooth over.



Back in 2000, someone who worked with me said, "There's this guy named Mike, and you have GOT to meet him. You two need to know each other." He was right. We've been having a passionate affair ever since. I'm still waiting for my turn to be the man though.

[Let's see... how long before Mike emails me and demands I take all this down? Some folks are so damn sensitive about silly blog stuff, I swear.]



"Who you callin' 'swarthy'?"

But seriously, thanks for taking care of us, Llorca. We were overdue, bro.

***

I learned while working in TV that it's always in my best interest to have some idea what happens on a site like this. I have had a couple good stats services that really paint an interesting picture of the blog hits I get. Although Nadine tells me I'm blocked in China, I haven't seen anything from Asia in quite a while. I've had hits from all over the U.S. though. I've had a lot of local hits lately too, with people going from my humble little corner of the interweb to every single link in that sidebar and back again in some cases. It's flattering to know that I'm so interesting.

***

Time to hit the sheets. Shalom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look so devoted, gazing sideways at him....