Thursday, September 27, 2007

Most Days, Some Days

Most days I eat right, take care of myself.

Some days I go to Starbucks for breakfast, or have a milkshake.

*

Most days I stay busy, always moving, moving ahead.

Some days I just do nothing. Not many.

*

Most days this urge to move is, at times, overwhelming. Come watch me pace.

Some days I can lie on the floor and disassociate.

*

Most days I walk the straight and narrow, sidestepping the traps and the pitfalls.

Some days I want to screw up.

*

Most days I’m up, I’m strong, I’m optimistic.

Some days I allow the dark spots in my soul to be stroked.

*

Most days I want to hear something organic, something from an actual, vibrating sound source like a guitar or a drum.

Some days I want to feel an electronic trance.

*

Most days I feel confident, capable, competent.

Some days I feel like I’m lost without a map.

*

Most days I feel like I am the one.

Some days I feel like I am not familiar with the one.

*

Most days I am here, in the present, looking forward.

Some days I want to turn back the clock.

*

Most days I regret nothing.

Some days I have regrets.

*

Most days I want to be absolutely professional and polite.

Some days I want to curse and yell and break things.

*

Most days I want to be friendly and cheerful and proper.

Some days I want to growl…

***

And now, just because I love the scene where Jimi Hendrix leaps out of his coffin and plays the guitar solo:

No comments: