Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Recurring Themes

Too many of them have been negative lately. I don't even feel like giving names to them at the moment.

I won't go into platitudes, but you know, I gave up being a pessimist years ago. I still get the urges sometimes, you now, but those Pessimist Anonymous meetings have really helped me.

So it's time to remember the positive recurring themes in my life:

Inspiration--you'd be surprised where you may find it.
Beauty
Wonder
Motivation
Fulfillment--I'm more fulfilled now than ever. I didn't know this was out there.
Love--I don't want to go all John Lennon on you, but sometimes it does seem like love is all you need. But you do NEED it.
Enrichment

***

It's been a bit of a struggle lately, and not just for me. Lots of bad news this week. Who counsels the counselors? I'm stunned at the depths of tragedy I hear about sometimes, and at the nobility some people display when their time approaches. I don't know if I'm capable of that.

***

And I've been angry here and there.

Glass houses, brothers and sisters, glass houses...

***

I'm almost nodding off from exhaustion... but I'm not done.

***

My client slots are filling up. It's pretty exciting, but mighty doggone busy.

***

Take a look around, like I said not that long ago. You just never know what burdens some of the folks around you carry. It's too much, just too much. It's not right.

***

I'm craziest-talkin' sober guy you ever met.

***

Johnny Canales, where are you?

***

THEGIRL sang a song about peanut butter to me at bedtime. I understood very few words, and I don't think it's the Wiggles song about peanut butter and jelly. It was incredibly cute, and it came with hand gestures and super duper high notes. She finished with a flourish and said, "Bravo!" and clapped along with us.

***

Please, if you pray, do so for my stepmother and my father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One order of prayer coming right up...