Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Crash

I knew I was due for a hard crash, and it happened today.

After class we hit Red Robin for lunch. Wolfboy left for a sleepover, and before I knew it I was pacing, and felt out of sorts. For once, I didn't have anything to do at that moment.

I remember telling MOBB, "I don't know how to do nothing" as I paced.

Before long I was face-first in the living room floor. MOBB and THEGIRL went elsewhere in the house, and I slept right there, for a while. I ended up on the couch, though I don't remember going over there. I slept hard, had crazy dreams about chasing ghosts.

I must've crashed for a couple hours, and I woke up a bit refreshed even.

***

It was almost time for dinner by then. We had a fine meal at Miss Saigon (yes we eat out too much), then did a little shopping before taking a drive in the cool evening air. We sang along to Merle Haggard and the Allman Brothers as we went nowhere, and in no particular hurry.

***

After that we hit Milwaukee Joe's for ice cream, then came home.

***

BB's current therapy: "Manam Mah Way Khiyal-I-OO (I am Absorbed in My Thoughts of You)" from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, The Final Recordings.

***

I need a new backpack. Mine's falling apart after seven years of dedicated service. That backpack deserves its own entry. Really. I'll probably write about my 18 months at Yahoo, which is where I got that backpack, sometime soon. Maybe. Or not. Maybe I'll just write about cinnamon scones and pre-war blues songs every day for a month.

***

This is, I believe, post 989. I've got one simple idea for post 1000. If you'd like to offer some input, I'm all ears.

Or eyes, such as the case may be.

***

A curious development today... I can't get into it here, but... does the term "boiled rabbit" mean anything to you?

***

Good night. Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about "The 1,000 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die"?

Bruiser

BB said...

Whoa! Man, I'd love to tackle something like that, but what an undertaking... It goes hand in hand with my current idea for post 1000 though. Stay tuned.