Friday, September 28, 2007

Day, dream, daydream

At 6:45 am Wolfboy and I were in the living room in our skivvies, getting dressed and discussing the Hulk, who is waging war on Earth in World War Hulk. I was asking him who could stop him from the DC heroes. I figured he'd go with Superman, but he kept saying guys like Green Lantern (iffy!) or the Green Arrow.

"What? He's an archer? No way."

Nothing like starting one's day with some intellectual repartee.

***

Man, there's a certain level of fatigue that comes with keeping this crazy schedule. Work's been busy, school's been busy... I haven't worked out in over a week. I'll fix that this weekend.

In the meantime... man, this root beer float sure is good.

***

I have a rekindled interest lately in seeing the Aurora Borealis. For several years I found myself daydreaming about being in some isolated place, staring at the sky and seeing the dancing colors.

Thing is, you have to go to COLD places to do that. Me, I don't get along with cold so well.

Still... I want to. I'm going to figure something out.

***

Tomorrow I show my first counseling videotape to the class. It's a very "warts and all" affair. If you were in my class you could be treated to such highlights as:

BB starting the tape with an extreme closeup of his booty.

Another counselor walking in on us (note to self: put a sticky note on the door, BB)

My phone ringing in the session, causing my train of thought to leave town (note to self: turn off the bloody phone, BB)

My client declaring, "You're brilliant! You're stunning! I'm cured!" (Hey, I'm the translator here... she could have been saying that...)

***

Someone told me long ago that when you daydream or look out the window, you're wishing you were somewhere else. Is this a common belief?

I went to Walgreen's tonight for ice cream, and just being outside in the night air was like walking into a daydream. This ventilated shirt of mine just lets the cool breeze right in. I stopped and closed my eyes and just... felt it for a minute.

***

I have ugly feet. Dang.

***

(Note to self: Buy socks)

***

Wolfboy and I played baseball in the twilight tonight. That is, I basically pitching batting practice to him as he swatted the ball and ran the bases. Final score: 34-1. I lost.

***

My poor daughter's a bit... gassy lately.

We actually named one of her farts tonight: Earl.

I think he's gone now, but you know, next time I'm in the van I may not breathe very deeply until I'm sure. Whoa.

***

I dreamed I shaved my beard.

***

BB's current therapy: "Jungle Boogie" by Kool and the Gang.

***

I'm not here, watching the Rangers play the Mariners on TV, with my ugly feet propped up and the kids in bed while MOBB plugs away at her thesis.

I'm in the shade of a tree, next to a lake, undisturbed by anyone and just happy to soak it all in.

***

Good night.

No comments: