Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Walk, A Bubble Bath, Little Boy Love, and a Purple Kitty

This is post #979. I've got a couple ideas working for post #1000.

***

BB's current therapy: "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake

***

Well, after our nice walk and discussion regarding her job offer yesterday, my dear friend Leti did indeed give notice today. I'll hate to see her go, but her new position, which is on the for-profit side, is located in Bedford. Maybe we can have lunch sometime. And she can buy.

***

I was a good boy this evening, diving into the books and making good progress on the presentation I've got to make in class tomorrow night.

***

I then rewarded myself with a bubble bath. Yep. You read right. I'm not above taking a bubble bath. Heck, well into this century my grandmother, aka Babbi, gave me a new bottle of Mr. Bubble for Christmas each year.

And each year I used it.

But this bottle of Shrek bubble bath ain't cuttin' it. Not nearly bubbly enough.

***

Just had a fine protein shake, which I made with a chocolate milk base. Add the chocolate flavored Muscle Milk (I cringe to even write the name) and it was basically like drinking chocolate syrup.

Which isn't altogether bad.

***

When I was five, I lived across the street from Debbie, a cute little brunette. I always enjoyed playing with her. We'd be a king and a queen, or play some version of cops and robbers maybe. In some little boy way, I fell in love with Debbie.

At the gate by the side of her house, we played "you show me yours and I'll show you mine." She dropped her drawers and showed me her backside.

But then one of our parents summoned us, and we didn't get to finish. Alas, Debbie never got to see my booty.

We moved across town before I started the first grade, and I missed her. Recess after recess I swung, and I swore the squeak of the rusty chains sang her name.

***

THEGIRL summoned me a moment ago, scared of "the purple kitty cat." I put a different blanket on her, telling her this one is magic and nothing can hurt her through it. I also made a stern Daddy face and said I'd tell the purple kitty to leave her alone.

She spoke so clearly and sweetly, even as she said she needed to go sleep in someone else's bed.

Ah, nice try, kid.

***

If you ask Wolfboy whom he loves, he'll tell you the name of a little girl he knew from daycare. It's easily been a couple years since he saw her. I wonder if he feels that longing.

***

Time has been kind to me today, speeding up where I needed it to and slowing down elsewhere. I'm paused in a moment here. The kids are in bed, MOBB is elsewhere in the house doing something, I made good headway on my project, and it's not even 10pm.

I feel a sense of peace, and I hope you all do too. I wish you peace, happiness, fulfillment, and love. We deserve those things.

No comments: