Sunday, September 16, 2007

Think You've Had a Bad Day?


You could be like the owner of this van, who apparently parked overnight or for some other extended stretch beneath a tree that serves as some sort of bird toilet.

Can you see how awful and caked-on the bird guano is? By the time we finished lunch the van was gone. I can only imagine how the driver dealt with this. Do you... run the windshield wipers for a while? How do you even open the door?

***

Got a good night's rest, sleeping until 9:30 or so. Travel fatigue's still knocked me for a loop.

***

I am the straight line, the rigid man who can't bend. I am working on that, but not fast enough. Not nearly.

I taste cinnamon and sugar, and I'd like to know where that glass of milk is, waiter.

I'm the one who's watching, even when you think I'm not.

I don't care what you're selling; you need to keep away.

I burn brightly. I am not made of the same stuff as some folks.

I think a little of me goes a long way. I even annoy myself sometimes.

I do not suffer fools gladly.

I don't mean to intimidate. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes that bothers me.

Sometimes it doesn't.

I mean to walk in peace. I am prepared for those times when I am not allowed to do so, however.

***

I'm in a lousy mood. It'll pass.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my car once died after being parked under a bird toilet tree. god bless the guys who pushed it out of the street.

Anonymous said...

I had that exact problem happen to the Geo many years ago. We went to see a sold-out Bob Mould show at Liberty Lunch. We went early, expecting to have to drive around for a half-hour looking for parking. Amazingly, there was a parking spot only a block away. I wondered aloud why no one had taken it.

When we got out, around 2 in the morning, it was clear. The car was covered in grackle poop. And I mean covered - it was far worse than the van in your picture. Not only was it embarassing (we got all sort of comments on the way home), but that stuff will eat away at your paint job. We couldn't just leave it, no matter how late it was.

Fortunately we didn't live far from Liberty Lunch at the time, and there was a car wash just down the block. So at 2-2:30 in the morning, I gave the car a thorough scrub-down. But we called the car the Shitmobile for years after that.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Had a bad day?

At least you weren't EATEN!

BB said...

I have no idea what that means.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do...remember doing interstitials for KLRU all those years ago and a certain Nature promo airing right before (or after, can't remember) a kid's program?

Michael

BB said...

Whoa... vaguely! Man, it's hazy... this is some anecdote from your past, isn't it? I remember that it's funny, but... the ol' soft drive isn't pulling up much.

BB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's an anecdote from your past, not mine. You told me the story after I started filling in breaks. I actually took it to heart and was very careful about the promos I chose.