Thursday, January 27, 2005

Buckled

Not really sure what to make of this, but it's nicely written.

***

The latest from the infirmary: All are fairly healthy in the Briscoe abode, though THEGIRL is congested and sounds bad. She doesn't seem to care much, except for when she gets up in the mornings.

My toe doesn't bug me much as long as I keep it taped up. Everything else is in working order.


***

Finally got our March travel plans set for spring training. Erik Hood and I will be in Phoenix, heading out to Surprise to see the Rangers, and wherever else we can catch a game that fits our schedule. He's determined to see an Arizona State baseball game too, and heck, I'm up for anything. The plan is to just gorge ourselves on baseball for a few days (March 17-20). I'm not that big on autographs, but I've got a good photo I took of John Wetteland at the Rangers' camp in Florida back in 2000. I might ask him to sign that if I get a chance; the guy was the '96 World Series MVP after all.

***

I buckled. I bought the $102 Texas Instruments TI-83 graphing calculator, even though it was inches from the Casio I'd been seeking for days (at $27.98 even). But I just couldn't shake the image of that sales guy emphasizing to me how important it was to have the calculator the prof likes.

I didn't buy it at that guy's store though.

So I went home, started on some homework, and one problem called for the calculator. In the sidebar next to the problem was a set of instructions for how to figure the answer on a TI-83.

***

Might work parabolic mic Sunday afternoon for a local Arena Football League game. I did plenty of that last fall for the state high school playoffs. There were some big kids for sure, but I have to say that I really don't want to get mowed down by any AFL guys.

***

I'm out. Hang in there--Friday's almost here.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That is so cute about Laura at mealtime! Precious.

Sounds like the pricey calculator was a good move. I did not realize there was one that will tell you how to do your math homework. Do you get to have it on test days?

A.