Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Pelota!

Had one of those crazy dreams where I have to explain something to someone in Spanish. The kicker was that it was a joke, and I had to repeat it to President Bush in my better-than-average-but-still-not-fluent Spanish. I spent so much time trying to remember the word for ball, and finally did: pelota!

Wish I could remember the joke though.

***

Statistics looks pretty intimidating at this point. It's a really important class. I need to get this one done to have any chance of getting into grad school this fall. Well, I mean, I could take it later, but that's no advantage to me, unless repeating it would mean I'd absorb more. Numbers... ugh. Pretty intimidating. I have a really good mind for a lot of stuff, but I just do not get along with numbers.

***

Not a single comment on the Viking bit yesterday. Dang. I thought that was pretty funny.

***

And here's Launch playing "Love and Happiness" by Al Green. I saw Eric Johnson at La Zona Rosa once (one of dozens of times I saw him back in the day). The crowd was milling around, waiting for the headliner. The PA was playing just a bunch of forgettable whatever stuff. Suddenly this song came on, and every woman in the crowd started moving to the music. It was quite phenomenal. That moment is when I realized that Al Green wasn't just any singer.

***

New developments in the Carlos Delgado rhubarb: Jamey Newberg reports that his sources tell him that the Rangers offered four years and $48 mil, and when Delgado's agent said that wasn't enough the Rangers said more money would mean Delgado would have to agree to DH most of the time. Interesting.

Gil LeBreton had a good piece about all this in this morning's Startlegram.

***

Bought some Brazilian coffee for a great price at Sam's, and whaddya know--it's really quite good.

No comments: