Thursday, January 13, 2005

You Throw Me, I Throw You...

Made it to Judo with no gi (it didn't drip-dry in time, dang it) and my broken toe. Neither hindered me much, because as it turns out, a black belt in judo can throw me just as well without my uniform...

And you know, they paired me up to train with these two black belts. Both about 5'5". One was fairly small, thankfully, but the other was 200 pounds. The guy is short, wide and strong. I'm six inches taller and 20 pounds lighter... makes it hard to execute my o-goshi.

***

School starts up again soon. I'll be taking a child development class via ITV, and a statistics course on Saturdays. Three hours of math once a week doesn't sound like fun, but I need the class.

***

THEBOY had his first dentist appointment this morning, and I'm told he was a champ. They did ask if he's taken some falls, because he has some little chips. Of course he has--he's a four-year-old!

***

Kelli's working out, eating better, losing weight... that's one pretty woman, ya'll.

***

This weekend Kelli and kids will go to Corsicana while I stay home to work on a couple of projects. I hope to finish cutting down the tree that has become Kelli's nemesis. I also hope to tear down the poorly-constructed, leaking patio cover in the back yard. I'll look to see if maybe repairing it is easier, but I have serious doubts about that.

***

Dad's postings have met with a positive response, and it looks like I'll have a couple more soon (besides the last two in the Gulf Coast Boy series). Cool.

***

Happy Thursday, ya'll.

No comments: