Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Pause

The Sycamore house just won’t die.

We might actually make an offer.

We might have lost our minds.

***

A conversation from long ago.

I picked up the phone, and he said, “Brian, Brian, it’s me, _____.”

Me: “Oh, hey.”

Him: “Hey, I don’t know what they told you, but I’m innocent, man, I’m innocent. I didn’t do it.”

(Pause)

Him: “Okay… I DID it I killed him.”

(Pause)

Him: “But it was self defense! It was self defense, man—“

I hung up.

***

Our house is coming along nicely. The raised bed in the back is done. I need to wrap up painting the eves, put in a light, and figure out what to do about the electricity running to where the wellhouse used to be.

I meet cleaning ladies at the house on my lunch break today. Our place is a bit of a wreck at the moment. I shouldn’t care, right?

***

THEBOY finally got to eat some crab meat Sunday. He’s been obsessed with the idea of eating crabs ever since we went to Matagorda and caught crabs with his grandfather.

So we went to Joe’s Crab Shack Sunday. I ordered snow crab legs. You should have seen his eyes light up when I handed him a pincher. The little carnivore loved it!

***

Erik Hosch might be moving to this area, which’d be cool. We’ve been long-distance buddies (via New Orleans and Tampa) for many years. First met when I worked at KERA. We saved each other’s bacon with show dubs many times and became friends when we realized we’re both baseball nuts. So… keeping my fingers crossed for the guy.

***

Made a mistake in my online class: I thought I had three chapters to cover this week by Friday. No, I have six. Ugh. I’ll make it.

Scored a 100 on the quiz last night at least.

***

Lunch beckons…

No comments: