Thursday, June 30, 2005

Warming Tar for Feathers...

That's what Mike Scioscia is surely doing in the dressing room right now, as the Rangers just defeated the Angels 18-5.

***

Tonight is the psychology of personality final, 100 questions in 80 minutes, all online of course. I think I’m reasonably well-prepared.

And it looks like I’ll have the same prof for an online course next semester, social psychology. It sounds like it’s about the least interesting of the psychology courses I’ve taken, but it’s my only choice.

***

We’ll be taking THEBOY'S friend to the Cats game tomorrow night. I happened to buy an extra ticket just as sort of a built-in buffer to get us some space. The friend's mother just lost her father, and I’m certain she could stand to have some free time for any number of reasons at this point.

Glad to do it, as she’s certainly earned her wings lately by watching THEBOY a number of times while we did house-related stuff.

***

So tomorrow night we’ll go to Fort Worth for the game. Saturday we will see two not-yet-listed houses that friends/family told us about in Corsicana. Both sound interesting for sure. After that we’ll have a July 4th celebration I believe.

The rest of the weekend will be spent just getting more house repairs done. I think I’ll tackle the cranky drain in the front bathroom.

***

Our own house doesn’t seem to be listed yet. I left a message with the agent this afternoon. She was transitioning between realtors, potentially, and maybe that has something to do with it.

***

Not up to commenting at length on Kenny Rogers’ assault on some local media folks yesterday. On the one hand, I think lots of the local sports media folks are genuine assholes (I’m talking to you, Rick Renner and Randy Galloway…)

But that doesn’t justify what Rogers did. No way.

***

The first thing out of THEBOY'S mouth this morning: “Do lobsters like crabs?”

Uh… er…

And later: “Do scorpions like lobsters?”

***

Tick tick tick… I think the clock is slow…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The first thing out of Kevin’s mouth this morning: “Do lobsters like crabs?”

Uh… er…

And later: “Do scorpions like lobsters?”

***Ah, kids...cutting right to the chase. Too bad they grow up and develop filters between what they're thinking and what they say. Just so they can fit into pesky society.

***At least you didn't get, "Uncle Michael, what's inside time?" before "Hi."

Michael