Thursday, April 06, 2006

BB's OCD Plant Excursion and More

Happy Thursday.

 

***

 

It’s been a busy couple of days. Rewinding a bit…

 

Tuesday evening I went to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class at the school. Seems Sensei ran out of gas and everything ran late. I was there with folks who normally stay for BJJ anyway, so the decision was made that we’d roll.

 

BJJ ain’t easy, lemme tell you. But I had some fun, and really, sitting around before Sensei arrived and getting to know some of the other guys a bit was enjoyable.

 

***

 

I was off yesterday. I’d planned to hit some nurseries, maybe work in the yard a bit.

 

But I started taking my time, trying to put together a plan, started comparing plants and their characteristics… I really indulged myself, just going from place to place… I spent about six hours shopping for plants. Yep.

 

Got home, finally, with a variety of things: hydrangeas, gardenias, holly shrubs, some cool ground cover… Still gotta do the work and plant this stuff, but hopefully this is a good first step towards making the yard look great.

 

***

 

So THEBOY and I met Erik and Vicky at the ballpark last night to take in Rangers/Red Sox. It was a good time! Good weather, good company, and a real nailbiter of a game that Texas lost 2-1.

 

Kam Loe held that team to 2 runs over 7 innings. Shoot, I’ll take a start like that any day of the week.

 

Vicky was in full Sox regalia, and you know, there was quite a Boston contingent there. You should have heard the alternating chants in the crowd. I don’t think I’ve ever heard more spirit out of a crowd in Arlington.

 

***

 

I’ve got a cold now, which I felt coming on last night. Drainage, voice bottoming out… it’s not bad.

 

***

 

Almost lunch. Ya’ll have a good afternoon.

 

No comments: