Friday, April 07, 2006

Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz Throb Throb Throb Throb

Ah, Friday afternoon. Work's pretty well buttoned up. I'm in casual clothes, the weather is gorgeous, and I have a throbbing ear.
 
Yeah, after lunch with Kelli I stopped to get the mail at home. On the front porch something stung me. A bee, a wasp, something. Kelli didn't get a good look at it since I was in the middle of my best Bug Fu defensive move. We didn't retrieve a stinger from my ear, but she said the critter looked like a bee to her.
 
I don't think he got to execute a full sting on me. My ear doesn't hurt that much and it's only a little swollen. I can live with it.
 
***
 
Tonight I'm taking THEBOY to Six Flags. Scored some free tickets, and he's been dying to go lately.
 
***
 
Tomorrow will be stats class (complete with a quiz--ugh) and then Krav Maga. Sunday will be yard work.
 
***
 
I didn't get to see all of the UFC season premiere last night, dang it. I saw everything up to the fight. Shamrock's coaching one team and Ortiz the other. Hoo boy. We're in for a lot of fireworks this season.
 
And it looks like an interesting bunch of fighters they've got on there. Heck, they've got a couple of Brits and a Hawaiian guy mixed in.
 
***
 
Last night they went into the Shamrock/Ortiz feud a bit. Seems that Ortiz fought Guy Mezger, from Shamrock's Lion's Den school, some years ago and beat him. While celebrating the victory, Ortiz flipped off Shamrock and the others in Mezger's corner. Didn't go over well, needless to say.
 
So they scheduled a Shamrock/Ortiz fight. Lots of feuding in the press and some confrontations here and there.
 
In the ring, Ortiz whipped Shamrock badly. I've since heard that Shamrock was fighting with a bum knee.
 
So yeah, Ortiz came off as kind of a punk, but I must admit that there's a good chance we don't know the whole story. I'm guessing the bad blood predated the whole bird incident.
 
Ortiz and Shamrock are going to fight again in July. I'll be pulling for Shamrock, but I don't know, man. He's not as young as he once was, and he got seriously whupped the first time.
 
***
 
Ya'll have a good afternoon.

No comments: