Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Burned

I successfully burned not one but TWO breakfasts this morning.

 

For starters I put my biscuits in the oven (and not that’s not a euphemism for anything) at 475 instead of 375. That’d explain why they came out, you know, black on the bottom and all.

 

And then THEBOY’s waffles burned because something had knocked the temperature slider to the far right.

 

Strange coincidence.

 

***

 

Last night was pretty good. I was tired, but having had a look at this week’s scheduled I figured it’d be best to go ahead and hit Tiger Klay for a kickboxing class. This leaves me the option of staying home Wednesday night, and I imagine I’ll want that time to do more work on the ethnic identity project.

 

So I went in rather tired from the get-go, having had only a banana and some Gatorade.

 

But it’s a cool class! We worked on defensive maneuvers, then combinations of roundhouse kicks and punches. And when we weren’t working on strikes we were on the ground, doing pushups or crunches. Sensei had a good laugh walking around, drinking some water and enjoying it for our benefit.

 

And some new folks were there. Lots of new folks lately. I’m pleased to report that I’ve finally encountered a student older than I. There were a couple, in fact, one of whom surely has a decade on me. But he looks trim, fit, and didn’t embarrass himself.

 

***

 

THEBOY came along again. He played his video game for part of the class, but by the end he was standing at the mat, kicking and punching the air. Sensei had the introductory video playing, so THEBOY also got a chance to watch some weapon disarms.

 

***

 

Kelli had a big presentation that went fairly well yesterday. She’s entering a real crunch time. I am too, but man, they pile the work on her.

 

And because of all that it looks like I can’t head to Houston this weekend to attend the fights I talked about. Well, hopefully I’ll get another chance.

 

***

 

Ya’ll be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Kevin will soon ask to start martial arts!

A.