Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bigger

July 7, 2006

I just THOUGHT my legs hurt yesterday. Today I’ve had people ask if I’m limping. Yes, yes I am.

I hit the gym again this morning to work on chest and arms, and it went okay. My shoulder didn’t bark much. I think I riled some senior citizens by daring to show my face in a gym overrun by them. I’m not kidding. I went to do some work on a military press machine, and they just stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I paused the iPod for a sec and heard one tell another, “When I’M mad I just try to build a bridge and get over it.”

It was a little unnerving, kinda like that scene in the Birds where all those birds are everywhere, not making a peep (nyuk nyuk).

But I did my workout and felt pretty good about it.

This morning’s weight: 155.

***
***

And that's it. I stuck with the gym for another week, sucked down protein drinks for three more weeks...

I like running.

I like martial arts.

I hated going to the gym. I'm realistic; I won't stick with something I dislike so much.

A month later I'm still in the upper 150s. Fine, fine. I'm not trying to come across as a guy who can't gain weight, okay. I've been as big as 190 before. I just can't seem to pack on a buncha muscles. I can live with that. When everyone else is gassing out at school, I'm still going.

I do think I'll loosen up a bit, not kill myself over having an occasional burger, you know?

***

Okay, that new reality show Gene Simmons' Family Jewels is pretty damn funny.

***

Had a final in advanced counseling tonight--holy crap was it hard! I'm hoping, HOPING for a B. I remember looking over it and thinking to myself that I could have missed a third of the questions. Cripes! Everyone was pretty freaked out.

Got back my paper on motivational interviewing, and at least I scored a 90 on that.

***

Tired. Good night.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like the Family Jewels show too.