Monday, August 28, 2006

Rainy Monday Notes

Gonna keep it fairly brief.

***

I had the pleasure of meeting the Ultimate Fighter's Travis Lutter yesterday. It's not like we had a particularly meaningful conversation or anything, but he was a polite, nice man, very genuine and easy to talk to. I erred on the side of caution and referred to him as Sensei, which he said wasn't necessary. I hope we meet again.

***

I turn 38 tomorrow. I've had a number of early birthday wishes, and I thank you all. I'll actually be spending the day alone, mostly. Kelli will be in class during the day, and I'll be in class at night. I'll go to Krav Maga at lunch, but really I won't be doing anything that'd look like celebrating.

***

Still no official word on the job. Might call them this afternoon. How long does it typically take for UA results to come back?

***

I dreamed about water, about a variation of the time my Dad's den flooded when we were kids.

Lo and behold I woke up to an ever-so-rare rainy day. It's... glorious.

***

Last night's Intervention, Christy. What a mess! A gleefully destructive, willful, cruel, unmotivated meth/alcohol addict living in squalor by day, stripping by night. The intervention had a moment of hope, but ultimately proved to be a failure.

***

Time to hit the grocery store. Be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!! =o)

Geoff said...

How'd you meet Luter? Did he stop by your gym?