Friday, August 25, 2006

Friiiiiiday!

Love me some Friday, man.

***

So, how about that fight on TUF4 last night? And when did Edwin Dewees’ nickname change from “Babyface” to “Bamm Bamm”…?

Despite the head cut that bled profusely, he manhandled Gideon Ray. Yeah, Dewees seemed a bit flustered about the injury in the second round, but I thought he still fought well enough to win that one. I disagree that a “sudden victory” third round was really necessary.

***

So… has anyone heard the Muse? I’ve read a couple reviews that have me intrigued…

***

The Rangers finally pulled one out against the lowly Devil Rays. Seems Texas was in serious jeopardy of leaving St. Pete having been felled by the mighty bat of… Jorge Cantu?

Believe it.

***

Got a great compliment from a fellow KM student. She’s tough, one of the gutsiest, most hard-working students there I’d say. As we wrapped up our circuit training in kickboxing, I suddenly heard her telling me, “You’ve gotten much tougher since you started coming here.”

Jigga what?

(Yes I stole that…)

She pointed out that when I’d first arrived we’d worked out together on some knife defenses, and that I was tentative and struggled with the workouts in general. Now that I’ve been working hard for about six months on this stuff I’m showing some results.

I’m all kinds of flattered.

***

My classes start tomorrow. Looks to be a good semester. I’m in advanced abnormal psych and group counseling. I got a text message from a classmate last night: “Where are you?” Uh… I’m not IN the Thursday class…

…am I? Had to check my schedule just to be sure.

***

I still, STILL do not have official job offer. Kinda leaves us in a holding pattern.

***

I heard things are just going all to hell at one of my evil former places of employment. Closed-door meetings, HR involvement, back-stabbing… that’s exactly how it was when I was there, and often I was in the middle of it.

Gotta say that I feel some sense of vindication knowing that this stuff continues despite the departure of yours truly, who’d been labeled a problem child.

***

Ya’ll take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They need to hurry their butts up about the job offer.

I heard a Muse record a couple of years ago that was your basic Big Glistening Rock Record, like Radiohead or something. Not bad, but hardly unique. But I heard a new Muse song that was a weird but really catchy and intriguing thing that was some sort of mix of Rush, Queen and Bowie. Odd but very appealing.

Michael