Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Ballad of Brownpaper Bob and Other Assorted Groans

As many of you know, things are afoot, again. Good things. Job things.
 
***
 
A cowboy walks into a saloon and orders a shot of whiskey. He takes a look around.
 
"Where is everyone?" he asks the bartender.
 
"At Brownpaper Bob's hangin' downtown," replies the bartender.
 
"Why'd they call him Brownpaper Bob?" askes the cowboy.
 
"Because his hat, shirt, and pants were all made of brown paper," said the bartender.
 
"I see," said the cowboy. "So what're they hangin' him for?"
 
"Rustlin'."
 
***
 
Halloween went well I'm told. I was in class, learning about cool stuff like Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy, and somatoform disorders.
 
I spoke to THEBOY by phone during my break. "Before we left TWO NINJAS came to the door!"
 
He sounded excited, like they'd been real ninjas.
 
THEGIRL was Snow White. Worn out after all the trick/treatin', she insisted on sleeping in her costume.
 
***
 
Current music: "Dancing Machine" by the Jackson 5. If I could dance, I would.
 
***
 
Deet de-deet de-deet de-deet: This just in... Nadine hates people.
 
***
 
Little did we know that the Egyptians invented Mardis Gras: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15475319/
 
(Thanks to MOBB for that one)
 
***
 
I like all the ghostly stuff that's been on TV this week. I can't say I'm awfully inclined to believe in ghosts, but you know, I find the sight of people freaking out in creepy buildings pretty entertaining.
 
But I'd like to be bold and say something here: Let's give the "orbs" bit a rest.
 
A camera lens is round. Any small thing it's not focused on appears to be round.
 
Orbs are dust. Let's say it together: Orbs are dust.When you see some random circular object fly past the camera, it's not Uncle Edwin; it's dust.
 
We have an infrared baby cam in THEGIRL's room. We see orbs all the time, and if each one of those happened to be a ghost, well, we'd have a haunting worse than the one in that movie Poltergeist on our hands.
 
***
 
Now, our house IS on an old Indian burial ground, okay. I re-buried all those bones I could find, save for the ones the dog ate.
 
***
 
Boogie time. Be good.

No comments: