Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday Morn

It's been a good weekend here I suppose. MOBB was kind enough yesterday to watch the kids for hours and hours, thus allowing me to hit KM AND grappling after my counseling class.

And I needed that, needed some sweat therapy.

***

Grappling went a little better than last time. Sensei teaches us some dirty stuff, and I like that. Everything has a very "street fighting" aspect.

***

Took the kids to see Flushed Away last night. It was certainly funny and entertaining, though I missed key parts due to the wrestling match that was THEGIRL. She sat, stood, sat on my lap, climbed her chair daringly (and I say this because she's barely heavy enough to keep it from springing up all the time, so it seemed like it was constantly threatening to eat her), and addressed the entire theater with random, babbled proclamations.

***

It's a mellow morning here, though the kids find both of us absolutely fascinating. I'm not even sure why they have bedrooms, as they'd both prefer to stand here and mash the keyboard, or stumble around in the study, tripping over my scattered textbooks than to entertain themselves with, you know, toys.

And here and there THEGIRL goes into the garage to continue her love affair with the cat. He has full freedom to come and go as he pleases, but his almost constant presence in the garage kinda makes me think he's just as obsessed with her.

***

"Daddy Daddy Daddy come back!" says THEGIRL right now, as she tugs on the arm of my chair, wearing a Bob the Builder hat, babbling at me about who-knows-what.

***

I don't often have any trouble sleeping. But during those few moments when I can't sleep, lately I picture this.

No comments: