Friday, November 03, 2006

Suuuuuuuurvey

1. What is your occupation? "Consumer Advocate--Bilingual"

2. What color are your socks right now? Uh... grey I think. They are obscured by these fine Tony Lama boots my father bought me.

3. What are you listening to right now? Traffic driving by on Magnolia Ave. in Ft. Worth

4. What was the last thing that you ate?  A pumpkin scone from Starbucks.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yep

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Seafoam green. Oh wait, that's the color I'd be if I were a Stratocaster...

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? I think it was Whit

8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?  We fake it just fine.

9. How old are you today?  38
10. Favorite drink? Coffee, which is the OTHER thing I got at Starbucks this morning (go figure)

11. What is your favorite sport to watch?  Baseball and MMA

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Nah. I'm a guy; I only get better looking as I get older.
13. Seems to have disappeared. So... pickle pants!

14. Pets? A cat named Oreo who has actually had a longer relationship with my wife than I have. Grumble grumble.

15. Favorite food? Tex Mex

16. What was the last movie you watched?  Akeelah and the Bee. Starbucks gets an awful damn lot of my money.

17. Favorite day of the year?  Oh... it's not set in stone. Usually just some random spring day.

18. What do you do to vent anger?  Martial arts. I actually told a punching bag "I hate you" during a workout not long ago. Seriously.

19. What was your favorite toy as a child? Um... dunno. I had lots of good ones. Superhero stuff probably.

20. Fall or spring ? Spring

21. Hugs or kisses? A little from choice A and a little from choice B

22. Cherries or Blueberry? Blech! Ptooey! Okay, I can choke down blueberry in a pinch.

23. Do you want your friends to email you back?   This is going on the blog, so I expect millions of entries in my comments.

24. Who is most likely to respond?  I'm getting a message from the spirit world... it's telling me that, oddly enough, it'll be Toland this time.

26. Living arrangements?  With wife and kids

27. When was the last time you cried?  Sunday

28. What is on the floor of your closet? Carpet
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this? Darby O'Gill

30. What did you do last night? Did some Krav Maga and grappling training. Compared to my grappling, when I do KM I look like a STUD. That should tell you how bad I am at grappling.

31. Favorite smells? Eh... just general nice stuff. Candles, cookies, the right touch of nice perfume (but not in a CLOUD of it please)

32. What inspires you? Our brief time here

33. What are you afraid of? I have a reasonable fear of snakes

34. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Might as well have some cheddar on that baby

36. Favorite dog breed? Eh, I'm not so big on dogs.

37. Number of keys on your key ring? I'm not counting.

38. How many years at your current job? Five weeks.

39. Favorite day of the week? Usually Friday.

40. How many states have you lived in? Maybe two... I believe I was in California for a while as an infant. You'd have to ask my parents to be sure. It was a military thing.

41. Favorite holiday? Booty day

42. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? Yeah. I wrecked the motorcyle immediately.

43. Who's your favorite NFL team? Not for me

44.  Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? Yes. It's got a volume control that's pretty handy

45. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? 100 degrees, absolutely. If I died and went to hell, well, it'd have to be cold to make me miserable. What, the devil's gonna scare me with heat? "Grr... boo, it's hot." "Screw you, I'm from Texas... what else you got?"
 
***
 
Current music: "How It Ends" by DeVotchKa
 
***
 
What's the difference between a psychologist and a magician? A psychologist pulls habits out of rats...
 
***
 
It's been a fine Friday I suppose. The van's in the shop though, and I'd certainly like to get that taken care of for as little as possible. It runs hot, idles on the rough side, stuff like that.
 
***
 
Tonight, of course, is Tex Mex.
 
***
 
Had a fine lunch with my buddy Christy at Spiral Diner today. It's a vegan eatery here on Magnolia Ave. I'll certainly go back.
 
***
 
(This was put together over the course of a day, btw, hence the slightly screwy timeline workin' here...)
 
Happy Friday.

No comments: