Tuesday, November 21, 2006

nawt eempressed

Looks like I'll remain at my current job for the foreseeable future, as the other opportunity has fallen through (again). They have opted to withdraw the posting and hire no one. They will divide that job's duties among existing staff.
 
So I have perhaps set some sort of world record: I couldn't even get hired for a job for which I was the only candidate.
 
(And the manager who called me did confirm that she'd interviewed no one else)
 
I'm not all that upset.
 
***
 
Sunday THEBOY woke up with serious bedhead. I explained to him that I had some important information about being a guy to share with him: When you wake up with messed up hair, you wear a hat.
 
So we went into his room to find a hat. He's got any number of baseball caps floating around at any time, but we couldn't find any.
 
Then he said, "I've got that hat."
 
He was pointing to a huge sombrero.
 
***
 
I must admit that I was briefly tempted to tell him that yes, he should wear that sombrero to Dickey's Barbecue with us for lunch.
 
But I just couldn't do that to the kid.
 
***
 
Development is amazing, just amazing. THEGIRL is now in a period of explosive language growth. She surprises me every day with some new word or phrase.
 
She woke me up at 3:30am recently, calling for me from her room. I stumbled down the hall and found her standing beside her bed.
 
"Iwanlaydownwithyou," she said to me over and over. She'd glance over her shoulder, giving her bed, which is almost uninhabitable due to the sheer number of stuffed animals she keeps on it, a look of obvious fear.
 
"Are you scared? Too scary?" I asked.
 
She'd shake her head no, then repeat "Iwanlaydownwithyou."
 
So she slept with us that night.
 
***
 
Kelli and the kids will leave for Corsicana tomorrow. After work I plan to squeeze in as many martial arts classes as I can. Thursday morning I'll leave early, swing through Corsicana to get THEBOY, and we'll be on our way to Angleton. Oughta be a good trip.
 
I've planned out all of my final projects for the semester, and best I can figure it, the only time I'll have to write this paper will be while I'm in Angleton. Hmm.
 
***
 
The paper is on Internet sex addiction, by the way. I've found some interesting, quality research on it. Is this actually an addiction? An offshoot of obsessive-compulsive disorder? A sexual paraphilia?
 
One factoid suggested that most people consider online "cheating" (that is, cybersex by way of chat rooms mostly) to be just as much a violation of trust as real cheating. I'm not sure I would.
 
What do you think?
 
***
 
PT for the calf goes well. I'm actually seeing some improvement. I should have started this long ago. I'm hopeful that I can jog again, and if I'd done it earlier perhaps I'd have been well enough to train for the half-marathon in January. But maybe I can make the Cowtown in Ft. Worth.
 
***
 
The Rangers have signed Frank Catalanotto, a move I like. The guy played here, what, 2000-2002 maybe? Speedy IF/OF/Util guy who could roll right outta bed and go three for five.
 
MOBB's glad to see him back, but for entirely different reasons.
 
***
 
I was glad to hear that George St. Pierre whupped Matt Hughes. Oh, Hughes comes off as a bit of a pompous jerk, but compared to some actual meatheads in the sport he's pretty tolerable.
 
Now I entertain MOBB by walking around the house and saying in my best bad French accent, "Ah am nawt eempressed by yor performahns."
 
***
 
Happy Tuesday. Turkey Day's a-comin'.

No comments: