Saturday, November 11, 2006

What the Hell's BB Been Up To??

Picture the scene Thursday evening. MOBB was at a lecture, so I was home taking care of the kids. I try not to fall into the movie trap too much with them. Sometimes when I know they'll hound me for one I'll put in something totally random just... because.

So I put in a DVD of Merle Haggard on Austin City Limits. You should have seen THEBOY, THEGIRL and me dancing across the living room to "Take Me Back to Tulsa."

***

It's November, and I'm burned out on school. Texas Wesleyan works on a trimester system, so the only real break we get each year is over the Christmas holidays. It's about a five week class-free stretch.

Seems like I've got nothing but big tests and papers due these days. And every time I crack a book and a child is conscious in this house, I suddenly become the most fascinating sonofagun on the planet.

The reality of the situation is this: Sometimes it's awfully damn hard to be married with kids while going to grad school. And working sorta gets in the way of things too.

***

I'm still bothered by this cold or whatever it is, but I sound worse than I feel.

***

Had a big test this morning in group psychology, as a matter of fact. I was pretty anxious about it. We had four chapters full of varying theories, acronyms, "you better remember this guy" names and more. I had studied until nearly midnight, and at six a.m. I was up studying again.

So we walked in and the prof handed us blank paper. He gave us one question and told us to answer it. The task was to "create" a client with five symptoms, then determine which style of group you'd assign him too, and how that particular one would address each symptom.

What can I say? I liked that quite a bit. Lots of folks didn't, but I kinda relish these ever-increasing opportunities we're getting to think like counselors, you know? I think I got an A.

***

I went to KM today for the first time in a week. Between various injuries and illnesses I'm not going nearly as much as I'd like. I did okay though, managed to summon decent stamina on a day when we mostly did bag drills. We did a new knee drill today too, which was cool.

***

You should have seen THEBOY after KM today. "Crazy Train" was on the CD player. He told me, "The windows are down, so everyone can hear what we're listening to!" He started to sort of dance in his seat. I'd say he looked quite a bit like David Byrne in Stop Making Sense.

Then I taught him how to do the devil horns, and he started flashing them at passing motorists, still gettin' down in his herky jerky little way. He said, "Osbourne is my new favorite."

I told him that simply calling him "Ozzy" would do.

***

Tonight is the live TUF finale. Travis Lutter is going to mop the floor with Patrick Cote.

***

Michael Bisping apparently had visa problems and was taken off the card. Dang.

***

I should really be studying, actually. Another test Tuesday, a biggie. And I've yet to begin the paper that's due at the end ofthe month.

***

Have a good weekend.

No comments: