Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Hits, Hitmen

As Toland would probably tell you, poking through one's blog stats can be enlightening, puzzling, maddening... the darnedest things end up getting tons of hits for some reason.
 
So without getting into specific numbers, let me just lay out some of the most popular entries from BB Am I (in no order):
 
*The Nutria. Ah, one of many stories from my past about how lousy I was with the ladies. And this one featured a giant rodent. Truth be told, I think these hits are mostly just from from Henley reading it over and over.
*<EM>Intervention</EM>. I often comment on this show, and these pieces often get flurries of hits. My commentaries on Chuckie Negron and the one featuring the band Madyson and Elixir 9 receive quite a bit of traffic.
*Oompa Loompas. No, I never actually wrote about them; I simply compared those two bronzed-up Gotti kids to them once. Naturally, searches for Oompa Loompas lead folks to my site. I'm trying to figure out whether hitmen are reading the site too.
*Anything featuring Sensei L'Onis, Krav Maga, etc.
 
***
 
I don't get tremendous amounts of traffic, okay. On any given day I probably get 30-40 hits. After one of the aforementioned <EM>Intervention</EM> broadcasts I'm likely to get double that.
 
I've had hits from across the globe, including (but not limited to): England, France, Chile, Brazil (lots), China, Canada, Hong Kong, Italy (those may have just been MOBB this summer) and Korea.
 
***
 
Yes, I voted today. Straight Libertarian ticket. Well, there wasn't always a Libertarian candidate available, so I just wrote in "Joe Walsh."
 
***
 
No word yet on the job stuff.
 
Keep in mind that I am HAPPY where I am. If the folks who have sought me out fall through I will be perfectly content to stay where I am. That's no secret.
 
***
 
I'm still in the grips of the slime-based illness that started a couple days ago, though I feel a bit better. I didn't wake up feeling like total fertilizer. My voice is about shot, but otherwise I'm pretty functional.
 
***
 
What a year this has been... man, there have been so many big events, both good and bad. Mostly good. Kelli's wrist, THEBOY starting kindergarten, THEGIRL utilizing her unearthly fit-pitching skills to terrorize the world...
 
***
 
Happy Tuesday. Be good. And vote.

2 comments:

Geoff said...

I found myself voting for Kinky and then pretty much Libertarian myself. Oh and you voted for my cousin Lenear for Senator... Niiicccceeee

Amanda said...

Today, for the first time ever, I voted. I did end up voting for Kinky because of his ideas about healthcare. I am not thrilled with the legal pot bit, but I don't see that happening anyway.

The folks at the polling place were thrilled to see a first-time voter.