Friday, November 17, 2006

When Life Becomes a Doors Song

This morning THEBOY reached up, poked his mother in the breasts and said, "I like these."
 
And so it begins.
 
***
 
Well, the stupid power outage from night before last jacked up my alarm clock, and naturally I screwed up with I fixed the time. This means I overslept this morning. But I'm here, filling up on Yukon from Starbucks, trying to get my bearings.
 
***
 
BB's current therapy: Wolfmother
 
***
 
I hit the sheets at 9:30pm, so I feel somewhat rested.
 
***
 
I'm supposed to hear "where we stand" from my potential new employer today.
 
***
 
Looks like I'll be taking THEBOY down to the Angleton/LJ area for Thanksgiving. That's pretty cool. I'd considered taking THEGIRL so she can play with her cousin, but man, I don't think I'm up to that.
 
***
 
Watched our wedding video last night, just because it suddenly occurred to me that I should transfer the 13-year-old VHS contents to a DVD. It was sweet to see much-younger versions of family members. Aunt Frida was there, looking pretty good. Many of us had a lot more hair back then, including yours truly. I seemed to be having a bad hair year though.
 
I'm not sure I've had a good hair year yet.
 
Couple folks from the video have since passed away, in fact. It was nice to see them again, just up and about, doing their thing at a sweet little wedding ceremony.
 
MOBB looked pretty damn good.
 
I looked like a dink.
 
But this has caused MOBB to renew the occasional cry: Shave the beard!
 
Hoo boy. I look much better with it than without. Whit's had the nerve to shave his recently, but I dunno.
 
***
 
THEBOY drew a picture of a pumpkin patch that took second place at his school, and now goes on to district. Honestly, we'd forgotten all about it.
 
Wow!
 
***
 
THEBOY: "The kids in my class aren't into kissing. Well, no one except [littlegirl] and me."
 
Me: "Why do you like it?"
 
THEBOY: "It's just a touch, but with the lips."
 
***
 
I'm gonna padlock that kid's door.
 
***
 
Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I had a bad hair, clothing, and boyfriend year when you got married.

You had a really nice wedding though.

Congrats to the boy on the picture and the kissing. :)

Anonymous said...

Like father, like son, that's all I've got to say.