Friday, December 17, 2004

On the Road

Hitting the road today. This morning was a mess, trying to load luggage and gifts and kids and still swing by the chiropractor's office.

And I hurriedly grabbed a bunch of CDs for the trip. The tunes:

BB King -- Live at the Regal
Helmet -- Size Matters
Dr. John -- Going Back to New Orleans
Joe Ely -- Live at Liberty Lunch
King's X -- Ear Candy
Motorhead -- No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith
Stevie Wonder -- Original Musiquarium I
Styx -- Greatest Hits (really unsure whether I'm going to listen to this... hey, I was in a hurry)
RL Burnside -- Burnside on Burnside
Cyril Neville -- New Orleans Cookin'
Soundgarden -- Badmotorfinger

Cyril Neville kinda scares me. I like his music, but he's got a shaved head with this dreadlocked THING growing from the base of his skull, and ... it freaks me out. He strikes me as being a New Orleans version of Flava Flav.


Didn't bring Varnaline's Sweet Life this time, for some reason. It's usually my "I'm in the home stretch" CD, the one I'll play when I'm almost home (in Hurst, that is). We all have our rituals.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

No comments: