Thursday, December 30, 2004

Purge

***

I'd like to purge this job of mine from my system. It's been a really frustrating, really angry week. Never take a job where you deal with sales people. I've had about the best relationship possible with this bunch (or so I thought). And still they put in bonehead orders, gripe about meaningless maneuvers, don't communicate well, have to be led by the hand too much... not to mention sending me not so much as an email or e-card for the holidays. I'm their traffic manager; in days of yore, sales would take care of their TMs at Christmas. I'm not 11; I'm not hankerin' for a GIFT. It's just that I recognize their non-gesture as emblematic of what they think of me and our relationship.

I'm making a lateral move to another position in January, and it's not a moment too soon. In this lifetime I am DONE with sales.

***

This is the time of year with the least amount of baseball news, which is no fun. But Kelli got me the DVD Faith Rewarded, about the 2004 Red Sox. Watched it last night, and man, seeing the Yankees lose NEVER GETS OLD. And honestly, NESN did a fairly classy job with the production (overly dramatic voiceover aside). Remember that riot cops had to take the field during one of the Yankees/Red Sox ALCS games, and there's almost no mention of that. It was in Yankee Stadium, and the RCs were necessary because the fans were on the verge of rioting when a pair of calls went against their team (gasp!). Were I the producer I'd have been tempted to go into a lot of detail about it. I'd have also re-played the Yankees game 7 loss in slow motion... ("Watch Mariano Rivera curse in Spanish... see the tears in ARod's eyes??").

***

She also got me the hardback of Another Bullshit Night in Suck City by Nick Flynn. Hot damn, another book to read before school starts.

***

Current music: "Bye Bye Bye" by Jellyfish. Nothing like a good singalong polka to steer one's day the right direction.

***
Stop by again. I'm bored, agitated, restless... maybe I'll update 20 times today. Ideas? Polls?

No comments: