Friday, December 10, 2004

SMASH

I walked to the parking lot last night to discover that the car had been broken into. Crap. My fault... had CDs in a case in there. I've been driving Kelli's car. The van has everything hidden as far as CDs and stereo gear and stuff, but I hadn't used my head and straightened up the car yet.

So the window was smashed and the CDs gone. Mostly Kelli's stuff. He actually left a fistful of CDs in there, the stuff that would have been hardest to replace. A bootleg, some obscure stuff. Odd. Guess he didn't think a pawn shop would want Anders Parker, Helmet, or Jason Falkner. He did get my new King's X, Brendan Benson's first, and a Black Sabbath CD, not to mention the entire Led Zep box set. Damn.

Nothing else was gone. They didn't even send cops; you do a report over the phone.

Crappy evening after that for sure. Cleaning out all the glass was a BITCH. Thank God for my shop vac.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that totally blows. Sorry to hear that. Guess you'll be haunting used CD shops and the Amazon Marketplace looking for cheap deals, eh?

Michael