Monday, October 24, 2005

I can’t hit a fastball

I dreamed I was playing in some big baseball game. Not major league stuff; the stadium was way too small. But it was real baseball (not softball), and I was about to bat.

And I was thinking, I can’t hit a fastball. I’ve never been able to. When I swing they’ll see that I can’t, and then I’ll get all fastballs.

The dream ended before I got to the plate.

***

The Rangers can't hit anything Brad Lidge throws. Why is he pitching like my sister in the world series??

(Sorry sis)

***

Saw a bit on some news channel about displaced New Orleans musicians. It was largely about relative unknowns, like guys who play on the streets for tourists and such.

I believe they were showing a bunch in Portland, talking about how accommodations have been made to get these guys gigs.

And in one fleeting shot they showed the Wild Magnolias, in full-blown “Indian” regalia, putting on a show. That was quite cool.

***

Good luck, ya’ll (what with this being Monday and all…)

No comments: