Friday, October 28, 2005

To the Baseball Gods

God is great
God is good
And he blessed the Rangers
With thunderous wood

And a hitter’s park
With a short right porch
The opposing pitchers’
Best stuff they do torch

But do they have arms?
Not many, as you know
Except Frank Francisco
Whose aim wasn’t so Bueno

Now John Hart is out
And they’ve hired some kid
Burnett’s a free agent
Let this kid make a bid!

The ChiSox won the series
Biggio weeps with Bags
Ozzie Guillen’s a hero
While Dusty Baker’s hope sags

So another drought is ended
And I hope I’m not such a dork
When I pray to the baseball gods
Let Texas make it before New York

(And I don’t mean the Mets)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he blessed the Rangers
With thunderous wood


My mind went some place completely different...

Georgina

BB said...

I'm going to say this now, since, sadly, I don't think it's a diagnosis I'll be allowed to make once I'm licensed:

Somebody needs to get laid.

(Ha!)

And for once it's not just me.

(Double ha!)