Tuesday, October 18, 2005

third-tier underwear




I must say that I find some of the images popping up on Yahoo lately a bit… curious.

***

Current music: “Dweller on the Threshold” by Van Morrison.

***

I’m down to third-tier underwear somehow. This means I’m wearing the baseball-themed boxers with the scratchy tag in the back. You should have seen me in my cube this morning, boxers pulled up out of my khakis as I felt around back with my sharp knife, trying to cut the tag out. I almost gave myself a wound that would have been damn tough to explain in the ER.

***

The Astros… hoo boy, I hope this isn’t a bad sign. Two strikes away, with one of the most dominant closers in the game on the mound, and they couldn’t make a 4-2 lead over the Cardinals stick last night. A chance to get a rare win against Chris Carpenter, celebrate the pennant victory in their home ballpark… gone. But it only takes one more win, and I’ll take Oswalt or Clemens against anyone the Cards can march out. Matt Morris is good, but he’s not great.

***

Got a really cool soundboard recording of a Helmet show. It was recorded this month at some venue in Virginia, on the last date of a 10-city tour. Hamilton is in fine spirits, joking with the crowd. Dusted off some rarely-performed stuff too, like “Just Another Victim.” I always wondered how they did it live. Turns out the answer is easy: They just omit the second half, which was House of Pain’s contribution to the song. Had to wonder if Hamilton would turn the baseball cap sideways, start bustin’ rhymes…

***

Ah, good coffee today… I’m feelin’ the love. I’m not all pissy like I was yesterday.

***

Wherefore art thou, Llorca?

No comments: