Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And... Trippy

THEBOY, tonight, as I picked him up for the first piggyback ride of his life: “I’m a climbing monkey!”

***

And Chris Whitley’s “Narcotic Prayer” plays, and I’m taken away.

***

There is, I believe, ecstasy in harmony.

***

And Varnaline’s “Sweet Life” plays and I’m taken away.

***

The semesters are all sort of blending together at the moment.

***

And Chris Cornell’s “Seasons” plays, and I’m taken away.

***

MOBB and THEGIRL are under the weather with colds or some such, the poor things. MOBB has a sore throat, and THEGIRL sounds congested, repeatedly says, “Mama I not feel well.”

***

And “One” by U2 plays, and I’m taken away.

***

“Let’s stay up until we see spiders coming out of the walls,” Bruiser would say. (Remember?) Almost there, almost there.

***

And “What’s Going On” by Marvin Gaye plays, and I’m taken away.

***

I heard a story once about some inner-city high school many decades ago that had a jukebox in the cafeteria. And as the story goes, every time “What’s Going On” started, the whole cafeteria went silent as they listened to the song. Wish I remembered more details, but I find the idea amazing nevertheless.

***

And “High for the Ride” by Sea of Green plays, and I’m taken away.

***

That was a damn good jogging song. I miss jogging, I do. Being up at sunrise, waking up the squirrels, smelling the dew on the grass. That calf injury of mine proved to be my undoing, perhaps. I just couldn’t go anymore, couldn’t get the doggone thing to heal.

Until recently. It’s not bothering me much these days. Funny, the dreaded Bas Rutten workouts I do require lots of jumping squats, and I almost feel like those are helping the leg.

***

I don’t know why iTunes played all these fairly trippy songs tonight. I swear this is just random song selection, and not some hint that I’m sitting here drinking a bottle of cough syrup or something.

***

I’ll need to sleep eventually. Good night, sweet night.

No comments: