Thursday, July 26, 2007

"You're Ready"

That's what the professor said to us tonight in this, one of our final pre-practicum classes.

He's known most of us for years, taught us a wide variety of subjects. He's spent all semester watching us counsel in person and on videotape.

And he says we're ready.

And I think he's right.

***

This weekend the family will head down to Austin for Toland's birthday lunch. Cool. He's hitting the big 4-0. I think we'll have a grand time. I haven't had dim sum in ages. I hope I can get the kids to try something.

***

I was pretty nerdy today.

***

The clients have clearly found our new office. The phone rang off the hook this morning, and into the afternoon some. Fine, fine.

***

THEGIRL still babbles a lot, says nonsensical stuff. Her speech has come a long way, but when she gets me on the phone it's pure jibberish. Well, until her brother comes by, apparently, at which point she's fully capable of yelling, "I-AM-TALKING-TO-DADDY!"

Gotta work on that.

***

I'm going to Chicago next month, and Cincinnati the following month. Austin is Saturday... cool. I like traveling quite a bit. And I need to get down to Angleton and see my family at some point. Boy, maybe sooner than later... fall's going to be busy.

***

Tired. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago sounds like a fun place. Cincinatti sounds like... well, like Cincinatti. I've never heard anyone in a movie say, "Well, we'll always have Cincinnati."

I hope you take something away from both places, and leave something of yourself behind as well.

Anonymous said...

Yes, get down to angleton to see your family!

Have fun in Austin.

A.