Friday, July 13, 2007

Y'ever

get the urge for a root beer float?

And you realize you have some root beer.

And lo and behold, you have most of a pint of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

And you combine them in a big glass...

And it's every bit as good as you'd hoped?

MAN did that hit the spot.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.


***

Hood and I are going to see the Smashing Pumpkins in Dallas on November 3. I've had a bit of a rekindled interest in those guys lately, though admittedly it's for the earlier, Gish-era stuff. But yeah, I could stand an evening of deep ear bends courtesy of the Pumpkins.

***

The Angels and Rangers are playing. The Angels just put the first run on the board, and THEBOY is literally writhing on the couch in agony.

That kid's got a competitive streak in him the likes of which I simply haven't experienced.

***

MOBB is under the weather right now. Has been for a couple days. I hope she's better soon.

***

The Papi Chulo Minivan, aka my Nissan Quest, was in the shop this week for new CV joints.

The tab: $860.

Ugh.

***

My daughter is asleep right now. She's 15 feet away in her room, on the other side of a closed door.

And I can tell you without moving a muscle that we currently have a Code Brown.

I have been changing diapers since 2000.

Please, kill me.

***

Advanced Krav in the morning. Coooooooooool.

***

Parlett, wherefore art thou?

***

And Nadine stopped by! Cool. Your internship in Indonesia starts... in September?

***

The diaper is changed. I have done my duty.

May the diaper gods be pleased. And if not, may MOBB have to change the next one.

***

I am burning a sacrificial candle. It may not please the diaper gods, but it helps with the stench.

A little.

***

MOBB used to tell me that I had a good eye for detail, and that I'd be an ideal candidate for, say, a forensic examiner.

Thing is, this overwhelming aversion to gross smells would be my downfall. Sights I can handle, fine. Smells though...

Yeah, I can see me as a forensic examiner. I get a call: Dead guy in his home, in a recliner.

Been there two weeks.

My plan: Hold my breath, walk in the door, say "It looks like suicide to me!" as I exhale and run back out the door.

***

Man this post took a dark turn.

***

I've rambled on about almost nothing for long enough. Ya'll have a terrific weekend. Close your eyes here and there and just live in the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a code brown at Schlitterbahn, which I did not discover until after we'd left the park. So, my apologies to the public health people and the other folks swimming with us. Ugh.