Thursday, July 12, 2007

Swimming, Packing, Kicking Butt, Puking and Slapping

A song you need to hear:

“You Better Swim” by Motorhead, from The Spongebob Squarepants Movie Soundtrack. No idea why Motorhead did a song for this soundtrack, but it’s a big beefy shuffle that deserves more attention than to be buried on some cutout bin CD.

***

Packing up to move offices… I found a can of “Dust Free” brand compressed air. You know, one of those keyboard cleaning things. And it felt empty and I shook it. And then I thought, how should a can full of air feel?

So I packed it up.

***

BB’s current therapy: Sky Valley by Kyuss.

***

Started the Muay Thai class at school last night. Man am I glad I’ve made such an effort in recent weeks to work on my stamina. All those evenings and weekends doing Bas Rutten exercises or one of Whit’s insane “gymless” routines paid off. The first 10 minutes were just constant motion. When we weren’t jogging we were doing pushups, crunches, or jumping squats. And that was just the warmup.

We worked on kicks, punches, and blocking punches. I love how fluid and quick MT is, how the strikes are sort of flicked out there. It’s sort of stealthy in that regard. I’ve always felt like sort of a lead foot before, so this should help. And some of the drills address the kinks in my punches pretty well.

And it’s physical too, no doubt about it. From class one even. When you put up your gloves to block a punch, you still take the blow in the face to a certain extent.

Bitchin’.


Just found some random Youtube video with some MT highlights just in case you’re not familiar with it.


***

Tonight I present my first counseling videotape in pre-practicum. I’m pretty excited about that. The practice session I taped went well enough. Looking back over the tape I’d certainly change some things, but okay, so be it.

***

So did you have a magical time? When was it?

***

Whit’s coming up in about eight days for the Taiji Legacy Tournament in Plano. Cooooool. I’m hoping to take THEBOY with me as we go over and check out some good martial arts action. Good luck to all the competitors from Whit’s school, Jade Mountain Martial Arts!

***

Something I said to THEBOY a few days ago:

“Although I think it would make for interesting puke later, no, I don’t think you should eat your sister’s gummy worms since you just had the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.”

***

Tomorrow is Friday. Go out and slap someone you like on the butt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

fact: i've never eaten gummy worms. i'm too disgusted by the thought of eating worms...but i'll eat bears any day of the week

Amanda said...

I hate gummy stuff. Even when I worked in the candy shop and had access to piles, I never ate anything.

amcnew said...

I think I experience magic almost everyday. But I must say that the most powerful magic I have ever experienced came in the form of a toothless grin the first time my nursing newborn looked me square in the eye and smiled at me, mother's milk dribbling out of her mouth, eyes all squinty and sparkly. Changed me forever, that magic.

Anonymous said...

Funny how all I hear about are these flamin' hot cheetos this week. Earlier my little sis, Sonia commented on how she was having a craving for them and I had never had them. Then the vending machine guy left some free bags so I just tried them this week because of that. It only took one for me to choke and decide I will stick to the regular cheetos. I can't imagine them with gummy worms. mmmm I love gummy worms in dirt cake.

BB said...

I personally don't eat gummy bears, worms, or Village People.

And on a completely unrelated note: Very touching, Anita. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Am oh-so-very tempted to slap someone I like on the butt, but I wish to keep my job.