Monday, July 02, 2007

The Night Bas and I Had a Visitor

Rain. Rain rain rain.

Know a good way to entertain a six-year-old on a rainy Sunday when you need to write a paper? Plug in an old videotape of Robot Wars. Heh heh. It's pretty doggone entertaining to the daddy as well.

***

Been working out hard lately, really trying to eat right, drink enough water, all that.

I was at the KM school tonight, busting my butt yet again to the Bas Rutten All Around Workout.

("If you're not tired you can do some jumping squats!")

The door wasn't locked, and just as I was about to wrap up, a man on a cellphone came in.

Denim shorts, wife-beater shirt, stocky Latino guy. He ended his call, and as I approached him, he put a hand behind his back: "You here alone?"

All sorts of alarms were ringing in my head.

"No, there's another guy, and he's due back any second," I lied.

[Pause]

"Is this a dance school?" he asked. Nevermind all the banners in there that proclaim it to be, you know, a Krav Maga school. Or the sight of ME in grappling gloves, working combinations on the bag and doing pushups and abs.

"No, that's next door," I said. He walked out with me right there in the doorway behind him. I pointed at the darkened place next door, and closed the door and locked it.

Then I got back to my workout.

***

Gotta say... my common sense was tingling. Bigtime.

***

Ya'll have a good week.

No comments: