Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Every Child

Had a pretty good day at the office. Seems that some of my closest coworkers will be away tomorrow, my actual birthday, so they decorated my office with a bunch of red balloons. "Happy Birthday Precioso" read the three on my desk. Cool!

I was fed well, got some thoughtful gifts... everyone should feel special on their birthday, and I already do.

***

My MIA client showed up about seven minutes after I left last night.

***

Gerald Laird just knocked a homer and tied it up. This White Sox pitcher, Floyd, has been good through four innings, displaying a good curve. But two mistake pitches, one to Laird and one to Kinsler, have resulted in homers. That's professional hitting right there.

***

Still trying to figure out what to do for my 1000th blog post, which will happen in... 35 more postings? I forget exactly which number this is.

***

I wore an earring in the 80s. Didn't every guy? It lasted until the early 90s. I remember wearing it at KLRU here and there. I kinda figured I outgrew it.

What do you think of earrings on guys?

***

So tomorrow is also the second anniversary of Katrina. I'm glad my birthday isn't associated with the date of the tragedy like 9/11 is, but... I'll always remember.

***

There are a lot of anniversaries this month.

***

I went to Kohl's this evening to buy some new shorts. I thought I wanted some of those camo shorts the kids are wearing these days.

[I'm 39 now... I can say crazy stuff like that. You kids get off of my lawn!]

I tried some on, and... not me. First, even the ones that fit looked like I could fit a friend in there with me. No dice.

Second, the whole camo thing just wasn't working for me.

***

I'd noticed three boys shopping near me. I'd guess their ages at seven, eleven, and seventeen. I heard a scuffle behind me, and heard the eleven-year-old say, "I'm not your brother!"

I looked up, and the littlest guy was in tears.

When you are a parent, every child is your child.

He looked like my son crying there. The seventeen-year-old said, "Go to your mother" with a sneer.

The little guy walked off. I couldn't do or say anything except glare at them.

***

Might go to Angleton and see my family over Labor Day. Wolfboy is excited already, especially since I told him we may stay in a hotel. I think he's just excited at the prospect of having access to another hot tub.

Can't blame the kid.

I guess the acorn doesn't fall that far from the tree.

***

Ya'll have a good evening.

No comments: