Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sometimes

in the bathtub, I hold my breath and go under the water for a long time. It feels good for some reason.

***

it’s damn good to be me.

***

I dream that I’m flying. It hasn’t happened in quite some time though.

***

I like to stay up until I’m so tired I could just fall down. I’ve done that for years.

***

I’m a bit disorganized.

[And everyone I know snickers loudly]

***

it hurts.

***

I like to think of my life in fast motion, like I can look at a globe and see a sped-up illustration of all the places I’ve gone, just darting to and fro from birth until now. I’d like to see that.

And if you could see that in one continuous line for 39 years plus one day, you’d see that it started in a delivery room in Freeport in 1968, as I was delivered by a man whose name was on a bumper sticker I passed in a grocery store parking lot today: Ron Paul.

[Yes, I was delivered by the very same presidential hopeful.]

***

I learn interesting things. Like in this message from Nadine, who is traveling the world yet again: “your blog is blocked in china.”

Wow. I’m kinda flattered. MOBB’s reaction: “All right!”

***

bedtime comes. Good night.

2 comments:

amcnew said...

Well, you may be disorganized, but you certainly are prepared, Mr I-happen-to-have-one-of-those-in-my-manpurse.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of politics, I think you may owe him a vote. At least in the primary...Happy Birthday to you (belated).

Jeff P.