Monday, August 06, 2007

Who Will Control the Robot?

Took an online final tonight. Got an 80. I'm so burned out, frazzled, and just generally DONE with this semester that I'm fine with it. All my other grades in there were As anyway.

***

Wolfboy is still sick, though not awfully so. Keep him on regular doses of ibuprofen and he bops along okay. Still, the fever recurs long about the time he's due for more medicine. The doc chose not to go with antibiotics, saying she thought it'd go away in a few days. He's on decongestants.

***

And I had to take him out a bit today, which I didn't want to do, but I had a paper to turn in on campus.

As we left, I pointed out the building on campus where I'll soon be doing some practicum work.

Me: "I'll be working there in a couple weeks as a counselor. I'll be talking to people who have problems and trying to help them."

Him: "Oh. Who will control the robot if we go on Robot Wars?

***

Yeah. I've got a six-hour DVD of Robot Wars that's just terrific for killing time with a sickly kid. And we watched every minute of it today.

In fact, he's now decided that we need to build a robot, despite my protests ("But... but... I don't know anything about building robots...")

***

THEGIRL got a lot of new clothes over the weekend, courtesy of her grandmother. I'm told THEGIRL refused anything but dresses. When offered pants or shorts, she'd just say, "Princesses don't wear that."

***

Recurring words in my life right now:

Precious
Precioso
Preciosa

***

Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the name of that show where people built remote control robots, and they would fight each other? Bet our boys would like that one.

amcnew said...

Congrats on your final and for surviving another tough semester. You're almost there! You are gonna love practicum. It's like free falling without a 'chute.